Marketing OfficerAvondale College seeks to attract a suitably qualified and experienced Marketing Officer to work as part of our progressive marketing team in the attraction of potential students to the College, building relationships with prospective students and developing designs for marketing collateral and promotional material.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Officer, Avondale College, PO Box 19, Cooranbong NSW 2265, (02) 4980 2284.
Enquiries may be directed to Elysha Stephens, Marketing Manager on (02) 4980 2381.
Avondale College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Position PurposeThe Marketing Officer provides support to the Marketing Manager and broader marketing team in the effective operation of the Marketing Department by building relationships with prospective students, organising the purchase of merchandise and developing designs for marketing collateral and promotional material. The Marketing Officer will coordinate and create presentations in high schools and present Avondale to high school students.
The Marketing Officer will assist the Marketing team in the recruitment of students to Avondale College and in marketing the programs, mission, ethos and culture of Avondale. Personable presentation skills will be required, which will be supplemented by strong numeracy and PC ability and excellent communication skills. The Marketing Officer will have strong organisational skills, be highly motivated, eager to learn and results driven.
This position will also develop layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines and corporate documents both for traditional mediums and online forums.
- Liaise with allocated high schools to connect with prospective students to present Avondale as the Christian higher education alternative.
- Promote Avondale’s Seventh-day Adventist mission and ethos in events, on campus tours and school visits when needed.
- Liaise with printers and/or publishers on cost, print production, pre-press requirements, quality and deadlines.
- Update Customer Relationship Management system in a timely manner and with accurate data.
- Creative copy writing for all mediums.
- Develop, produce and design visual designs for a variety of College activities and events.
- Develop and edit presentation tools and documents, including PowerPoint and Keynote presentations for use in representing Avondale to schools & school students.
- Contribute to digital marketing campaigns including social media content and eDM artwork.
- Contribute to development of artwork for - presentation tools and documents, brochures, advertising artwork, signage, merchandise and inter-departmental design support.
- Assist with on-campus events and campaigns as required.
- Produce final layout and graphic design for signage, merchandise and gifts.
- Produce final layout and graphic design for Avondale corporate stationery including business cards and other documentation for employees.
- Ensure that Avondale’s corporate identity is used consistently and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure compliance with copyright legislation.
- Coordinate photography/videography for various Avondale events.
- Promote Avondale’s Seventh-day Adventist mission and ethos in Seventh-day Adventist churches, schools, conventions, youth rallies, conference camps and other church meetings.
Position ContentThe Marketing Officer/Graphic Designer is one of two Graphic Design positions in the marketing services team at Avondale. This position assists in the creation of the brand and creative direction in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and takes autonomy and ownership of all interdepartmental graphic design work; merchandise requirements, print and production of marketing material. This position takes a significant role in developing relationships with high schools and in copywriting for marketing and promotional materials.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Artistic ability and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Maintenance of positive inter-personal relationships with colleagues and other professionals.
- Ability to travel as required for the position.
- Ability to speak to school and community groups of varying sizes.
- Professionalism, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Cooperate with all Work Health & Safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at the College. Promote a safe work place and identify unsafe practices.
- Understand and support equal opportunity principles.
- Supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale College.
- Recognised degree-level studies, preferably in Marketing/Commerce, Communication, Education or related disciplines.
- Experience in photo and video production.
- Experience in marketing.
- A demonstrated ability to persuade people toward positive outcomes.
- A willingness to maintain awareness of developments in graphic design and marketing so that materials produced are compatible with industry requirements and systems.
Key Performance Indicators
- Completes the performance appraisal process annually.
- Participates in organisational life by attending all staff meetings and functions as requested by your supervisor.
- Maintains a communication system with Avondale College staff for requesting/logging job items and creative briefs (allowing for adequate lead time).
- Design, produce and schedule graphic design projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Liaise with printers to ensure quality of the end-product and its completion within budgetary limits.
- Maintains a professional high standard of work, which is consistent with the style guide.
- Fosters a cooperative environment within the marketing services team and maintains cordial and positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues and other professionals.
- Updates stakeholder information in Customer Relationship Management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitates a professional and ongoing relationship between Avondale and allocated schools.
- Manages the design, ordering and sale of Avondale merchandise in an effective and professional manner, within budgetary limitations.
- Complies with Avondale’s Work Health and Safety policies.
- Assists other team members as required in other marketing activities such as internal communications, on campus tours and Open Day.