We can run whitewater kayaking expeditions on rivers with rapids up to grade 2 difficulty, the nearest of which is the Barrington River near Gloucester. A grade 2 rapid involves some rough water, and maybe some rocks and small drops.
We provide all the paddling gear including whitewater kayaks, paddles, PFDs (lifevests), and spray decks.
Please contact us
for more information.
Click on the photos below to see them at full size.
what to bring
this list is just a general overview - check the specific program information provided to you for any extra requirements for your program.
Remember that whitewater can be very cold, so plan accordingly.
For a one-day expedition, you will need these items:
- Swimmers - do not bring cotton clothing, including socks, shirts, shorts and pants. Cotton traps sweat, dries slowly when wet and saps body heat. Even cotton socks can turn a fun day of paddling into a frozen-footed nightmare. Wool and cotton/synthetic blends such as sports shirts are suitable
- Wetsuit - desirable if the weather is cold
- Close-toed shoes suitable for swimming - you must wear shoes in the river
- 1L of water - more if the weather is hot
- Dry clothing for afterwards
- Food, suitably waterproofed
For longer trips, you will also need a sleeping bag, a sleeping mat, a torch, and eating utensils.