How to apply for Advanced StandingNew Applicants who wish to have completed units assessed for advanced standing, please follow the steps below:
- Submit an application to study a course through Avondale Admissions, click here to learn how. PLEASE NOTE: Advanced standing will only be assessed if a valid application is received. Contact Admissions on 02 4980 2377 for assistance.
- Complete the following form for Application for Advanced Standing along with all copies of original unit outlines for each unit you wish to be assessed and a certified copy of their transcript for processing. Official documentary evidence can either be uploaded on the applicant portal with your application to study or emailed directly to Avondale Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than four weeks before their course commencement date to ensure sufficient time is available for its assessment.
- Advanced standing assessment can take between 7-14 days or longer depending on the quantity of units to be assessed.
- Admissions Team will formally respond with written notification to advise applicant if their advanced standing request is APPROVED or DENIED.
- If APPROVED, Applicant must respond by signing the Advanced Standing Acceptance form and emailing it back to the Admissions Team to confirm accepting their Advanced Standing.
- To finalise the process, applicant must then either bring in-person or send via-mail to the Academic Office, the original transcript for sighting before Advanced Standing can be formally GRANTED. This formally concludes the Advanced Standing process.
- For more detailed information on the Advanced Standing Policy.
- Requests are to be made by submitting the Application for Advanced Standing form to your relevant Course Convenor, along with official documentary evidence which provides evidence of satisfactory completion of the unit/s or course/s on which the request is based.
- If APPROVED, student will be notified by the Academic Office.
- To finalise the process, student must then either bring in-person or send via-mail to the Academic Office, the original transcript for sighting before Advanced Standing can be formally GRANTED. This formally concludes the Advanced Standing process.
- For more detailed information, contact the Academic Office on 02 4980 2126 or please review the Advanced Standing Policy.
Returning Students may apply for advanced standing for successfully completed units or courses. Please follow the steps below:
- Advanced Standing can only be granted for up to a maximum of 50% of your course. Please review the Advanced Standing policy for further information.
- Typically, completed units must have been attained within an 8 year range for the Bachelor of Nursing course and 10 year range for other courses to be considered for Advanced Standing. If unsure, please contact Avondale Admissions for clarification. Please review the Advanced Standing policy for further information.
- Overseas attained units and courses must be reviewed by Avondale Admissions for County Education Profile (CEP) comparison with the AQF - Australian Qualification Framework, to ensure it is at the same level, prior to being assessed for Advanced Standing.