VocedplusConnect to VOCEDplus
DescriptionWhat is VOCEDplus?
VOCEDplus is a free research database for tertiary education, especially as it relates to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion.
It encompasses vocational education and training (VET), higher education, adult and community education, informal learning, and VET in Schools. It is international in scope and contains over 44,000 English language records, many with links to full text documents.
VOCEDplus is produced by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), based in Adelaide, Australia. VOCEDplus is funded by Australian Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments and is endorsed by the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre in Bonn, Germany.
VOCEDplus covers the outcomes of tertiary education in the shape of research, policy, practice, and published statistics. It has extensive coverage of Australian material and includes a wide range of international information.
Each database entry contains standard bibliographic information and an abstract. Entries are predominantly in English and some refer to publications in other languages. We strive to provide full text access via the publisher's website or a digitised copy.
VOCEDplus includes entries for:
- research reports
- journals and journal articles
- books and book chapters
- conference proceedings and papers
- working/discussion/occasional papers
- policy documents
- survey results
- published statistics
VOCEDplus uses the following sources for the items indexed:
- key Australian and international tertiary education journals
- key organisations worldwide which produce publications about tertiary education (including government bodies, national and international agencies and networks, research centres, universities and commercial publishers) direct submissions from users of the database
- 280+ journals and newsletters indexed
- 150+ countries covered
- 200+ international producers covered
- 600+ Australian organisations covered
- 13 000+ electronic links direct to full text