Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself.
Zotero is a free alternative to EndNote.
Best used on Mozilla Firefox.
- Performs much the same as EndNote
- Your library is accessible on any computer
- Will download website records
- Handles Turabian better than EndNote
- Instructions for using Zotero (Notes)
- Using Zotero Online tutorial - 14 mins.
- Moodle-based training course: Referencing using Zotero - for students and staff.(When you reach the login screen select 'Login as Guest.')
For more instructions on using Zotero go to the Zotero homepage and click on the Documentation button at the top. They have very clear instructions on adding records, formatting, FAQs etc.
Or try this website: Using Zotero at HSU
Extra help is available through the Zotero online forums - you will usually find anything you need there.
*Remember: referencing tools sometimes get it wrong. You always need to check the final result and make sure it follows the rules for the style of referencing you’re using. For referencing guides, click here