Community borrowing conditions
Borrowing rights are not transferable.
You are the only person registered and entitled to use your card. Your card will entitle you to borrow up to 5 normal loan items for 14 days with one renewal. Staff at the loans desk can provide details of services available to you. The hours of opening are on the website.
In addition to the normal terms and conditions of use to which all borrowers must adhere, there are some special conditions which apply to Community borrowers.
- The borrower's card must be produced each time a library item is borrowed.
- Library items must be returned to the College Library, in the returns box at the service desk or in the after hours return chute, or by mail on or before the due date.
- The borrower has full responsibility for any costs incurred by the Library in the provision of requested services for the borrower.
- The borrower has full responsibility for notifying the Library of any change of address, or change in status under which borrowing privileges were granted.
- The borrower may use all collections in the library except for special collections or material restricted to College personnel.
- Reserve and TMC items may NOT be borrowed.
- Community borrowers may use the on-line catalogues but PCs with access to the Internet and for word processing are only for use by Avondale students and staff.
- Community borrowers may not place holds on Library items.
- The library reserves the right to withdraw permission to borrow.
- Application forms must be completed by all community borrowers. You will need to provide identification when you apply.
Community library members pay an annual fee based on the fee schedule outlined in this table.
*Payments are based on a pro-rata schedule as indicated in this table
|Avondale staff - spouse or child
|Community (Includes non-UNILINC students and staff)
|Denominational & SHF workers
|Lobster shells students
|University of Newcastle staff & students
|SDI (Sanitarium Development & Innovation)
|UNILINC and affiliates
|Month of Registration
If you would like to suggest an item for purchase use this online form
Community Borrower Registration Form
Acrobat Reader is needed to download and print the PDF version of the application form... and best of all ITS FREE!
Get Acrobat Reader now.