e-Reserve and Reserve items
Print ReserveThe Reserve collection is located in the main foyer, Level 2 of Lake Macquarie Library.
Lecturers should place on reserve items which they anticipate will be in high student demand.
Please select items you wish to place on Reserve at the start of the semester and give them to the Loans Desk staff for processing.
Complete the ONLINE Reserve Request Form.
Materials may be placed on Reserve for one semester
Using Reserve Items
Reserve material may be used anywhere in the library during opening hours and may be borrowed at any time by the staff who have placed the items on reserve. Students need their Student ID card to borrow reserve items and the loan period is for two hours in the library or they may borrow them over night or over the weekend.
If you have borrowed a reserve item, please return it to the Loans Desk staff. Items returned outside of opening hours should be placed in the after hours return box. This is located in the entrance to the White Building next to the Library rotunda.
eRESERVEWhat is eReserve?
- An electronic delivery system where copyright material, such as articles and book chapters, are stored.
- It is secure. Authentication is required in order to view material and students can only view material that is related to the subjects for which they are currently enrolled.
- It maintains a database for CAL reporting purposes.
- It enables students to access readings regardless of their physical location
- All items placed on eReserve are then published in Moodle. Students do not access eReserve. Library staff will upload readings onto Moodle in the weeks specified by you. If no time frame is given, the readings will be placed in the first week and you can alter the position later if needed.
How do I place items on eReserve?
- Contact the library on x134 or by email
- Requests for items to be placed on eReserve can be made by email or in person at the Library Information Desk.
- If the item is already in digital format please allow five working days for it to be made available to students.
- If the item is not in digital format, it will need to be scanned. Please allow two weeks (especially in the time up to the beginning of a semester) for it to be made available to students.
How to add content into eReserve