Honours StudentsStudents at Avondale who are enrolled in the undergraduate honours program are entitled to additional services from the Avondale Libraries.
Undergraduate Honours students may borrow 25 items for 4 weeks with one renewal.
Undergraduate Honours students may request items from other Avondale Campus Libraries by placing a hold on the item (sign into PrimoSearch), or lodging a request at the Loans Desk of your campus library.
For more information see Guidelines for inter-campus borrowing
Avondale Libraries have an ever increasing collection of print and online resources, but we also understand that you may be researching a topic that may not be comprehensively covered in our collection.
While we cannot do the research for you, we can obtain resources you have found which are held in other libraries. You may borrow books from other libraries in Australia and request journal articles to a maximum of 10 items per year.
Simply complete the online Interlibrary Loan Request Form or for an article, you may request it through PrimoSearch.
University of Newcastle
Avondale Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the University of Newcastle Library.
To register with the University of Newcastle take a printout of your current record (ask a Librarian). Newcastle Univeristy charges an annual fee of $22 with registration to the end of December.
Both registration and borrowing can be done at either the Callaghan (Newcastle) Campus or the Central Coast Campus.
The following borrowing conditions apply to Avondale student borrowers:
- To be able to register you need to be in good and regular standing with Avondale College Library and have no fines
- 15 books plus 15 items from Huxley AV area for 2 weeks with one renewal only
- Avondale students will not be able to borrow from: Biomedical Reserve, Law Reserve, University theses, Auchmuty AV materials, Huxley 3 Day and Short Loan videos/off air recordings, Huxley art slides and toys, Inter Library Loan services, Gardiner Library, Renwick College
- Avondale students will not be able to use: Reference and Journal Article Databases, Student computers in training laboratories, Internet
- Avondale students will also be expected to pay fines for overdue and lost books. Under the terms of the agreement Newcastle will notify us of any borrowers who have outstanding fines or overdue items and they will expect us to suspend borrowing privileges at Avondale
Click here for access to NEWCAT - The Newcastle University Library Catalogue
Reference librarians are available to assist you with database searching, downloading and using EndNote and Zotero citation software, and referencing using APA or Turabian. Do not hesitate to call on their expertise.
Your completed thesis
An electronic copy of your completed thesis must be lodged with our Electronic Services Librarian and will be uploaded to ResearchOnline@Avondale.
|Research support||Tracey Coxemail@example.com||4980 2134 x134|
|Research support||Michelle Downfirstname.lastname@example.org||4980 2129 x129|
|Borrowing||Lynette Frazeremail@example.com||4980 2257 x257|
|Interlibrary loans||Lynette Frazerfirstname.lastname@example.org||4980 2257 x257|
|Thesis lodgement||Alicia Starremail@example.com||4980 2134 x134|