Honours StudentsStudents at Avondale who are enrolled in the undergraduate honours program are entitled to additional services from the Avondale Libraries.
Undergraduate Honours students may borrow 25 items for 4 weeks with one renewal.
Undergraduate Honours students may request items from other Avondale Campus Libraries by placing a hold on the item (sign into PrimoSearch), or lodging a request at the Loans Desk of your campus library.
For more information see Guidelines for inter-campus borrowing
Avondale Libraries have an ever increasing collection of print and online resources, but we also understand that you may be researching a topic that may not be comprehensively covered in our collection.
While we cannot do the research for you, we can obtain resources you have found which are held in other libraries. You may borrow books from other libraries in Australia and request journal articles to a maximum of 10 items per year.
Simply complete the online Interlibrary Loan Request Form or for an article, you may request it through PrimoSearch.
University of Newcastle
Avondale Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the University of Newcastle Library.
To register with the University of Newcastle take a printout of your current record (ask a Librarian). Newcastle Univeristy charges an annual fee of $22 with registration to the end of December.
Both registration and borrowing can be done at either the Callaghan (Newcastle) Campus or the Central Coast Campus.
The following borrowing conditions apply to Avondale student borrowers:
- To be able to register you need to be in good and regular standing with Avondale College Library and have no fines
- 15 books plus 15 items from Huxley AV area for 2 weeks with one renewal only
- Avondale students will not be able to borrow from: Biomedical Reserve, Law Reserve, University theses, Auchmuty AV materials, Huxley 3 Day and Short Loan videos/off air recordings, Huxley art slides and toys, Inter Library Loan services, Gardiner Library, Renwick College
- Avondale students will not be able to use: Reference and Journal Article Databases, Student computers in training laboratories, Internet
- Avondale students will also be expected to pay fines for overdue and lost books. Under the terms of the agreement Newcastle will notify us of any borrowers who have outstanding fines or overdue items and they will expect us to suspend borrowing privileges at Avondale
Click here for access to NEWCAT - The Newcastle University Library Catalogue
Avondale College Library belongs to Unilinc a consortium of Australian libraries found mainly in New South Wales. As a student at Avondale you are entitled to borrow - in person - from other UNILINC libraries without paying a registration fee.
The following borrowing conditions apply to Avondale students using UNILINC Libraries:
- The identification card used in the home library will normally provide access to borrowing privileges in host libraries
- Some libraries may require that the user produce a letter from the home library recommending that the user be granted borrowing privileges. This letter can be used in any participating library and should therefore be retained by the user
- Items borrowed must be returned to the host library
- The reciprocal borrower must agree to honour the regulations of the host institution/s, return publications by the due date or upon request of the host library pay any charges for late returns, lost or damaged items, and notify the home and host institutions at which she/he is enrolled as a borrower of any change of address
- Failure to honour these responsibilities may result in the borrower being suspended from borrowing from both the home and host libraries
- Borrowers must agree to reimburse the home institution for any debts discharged by the home institution on the borrowers behalf
Reference librarians are available to assist you with database searching, downloading and using EndNote and Zotero citation software, and referencing using APA or Turabian. Do not hesitate to call on their expertise.
Your completed thesis
An electronic copy of your completed thesis must be lodged with the Head Librarian at the end of November. Copies of your thesis will then be printed and bound in royal blue with gold lettering. You will be required to pay for two print copies: one for the Library, and one for your principal supervisor. Additional copies for departmental and/or personal use may be ordered at this time. An electronic copy of your thesis will be uploaded to ResearchOnline@Avondale. Payment may be made by cash, cheque or EFTPOS and the receipt must be lodged with the Academic Office to enable clearance for graduation.
|Research support||Tracey Coxfirstname.lastname@example.org||4980 2134 x134|
|Research support||Michelle Downemail@example.com||4980 2129 x129|
|Borrowing||Lynette Frazerfirstname.lastname@example.org||4980 2257 x257|
|Interlibrary loans||Lynette Frazeremail@example.com||4980 2257 x257|
|Thesis lodgement||Alicia Starrfirstname.lastname@example.org||4980 2134 x134|