Step 6 - Organise Finance for Tuition

Once you have enrolled in your units, log into Student Connect and view your current invoice under Finance. This will calculate your tuition fees based on your current enrolment and produce your invoice.

Please note that if you have a Scholarship/Sponsorship/Employee Subsidy being applied to your tuition this will not be reflected on your invoice until after census date (see Academic Calendar for relevant date), so in these circumstances please contact Student Finance for a final tuition fee estimate. This can be done prior to Orientation by email: or phone 02 4980 2108 / 02 4980 2105.

Pay the tuition fees by the noted due dates on the tuition invoice
If eligible, apply for a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) Loan

A HELP loan allows eligible students to defer paying their student contribution or tuitions fees now and to pay them off through the tax system once they are earning over the minimum threshold set by the Government.

These loans are administered by the Australian Government; see Study Assist for all the details on eligibility, loan repayments and more.
  • HECS-HELP – for eligible Commonwealth supported place students
  • FEE-HELP – for eligible domestic tuition fee paying undergraduate and postgraduate students

To apply for one of the above you need to complete an Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF) through Student Connect. A successful submission of your form will display a receipt showing the student status change for the requested HELP loan. To do this you will require your Tax File Number (TFN) or Certificate of Application. Only students who are offered a Commonwealth Supported Place (HECS) via student email, will have HECS and will be required to submit a form to accept their offer.

TIP: If your enrolment changes, repeat these steps to raise a new invoice.

arrow_grey Continue