Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
|Course duration /|
Course duration: One year part-time (the course is not offered full-time)
|Location||Avondale Campus - Lake Macquarie|
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (GradCertLead&Mgmt) course provides an opportunity for those in leadership and management positions to further their study in this area within the context of a Christian framework. The course has a particular focus on not-for-profit organisations.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate insights and perceptions of managerial conduct which integrate theoretical foundations with organisational needs, leadership and management practice in church organisations, professional trends, and factors affecting contemporary management thinking and practice;
- create a personal professional body of knowledge from a holistic perspective, focussing on attitudes, values and actions applied in a Christian managerial environment;
- display personal effectiveness and efficiency in leadership and management practice.
Graduate Certificate in Leadership & Management graduates leave with the skills for potential employment in the following areas:
- Finance Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Advertising Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Sales Manager
- Work Health & Safety Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Operations
- Church Management
GENERAL ADMISSION CRITERIATo qualify for admission, you must have completed:
- An Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 7 Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited university or higher education provider; or
- An overseas qualification comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 7 or higher
In exceptional circumstances, you may be admitted based on equivalent qualifications as assessed by the School's Learning and Teaching Committee.
SPECIFIC ADMISSION CRITERIAThe following are the specific criteria for admission:
- A resume/CV to demonstrate at least two years of experience in a leadership or management role, including a written summary of your relevant work experience
ADVANCED STANDINGApplicants with an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 8 qualification (or higher) in a cognate area may be eligible for advanced standing (credit recognition). Refer to the Advanced Standing Policy for more information.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTSInternational applicants must meet the Australian Government's visa requirements to reside in Australia while studying at Avondale University.
For more information, visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSApplicant's who completed their bachelor's degree (or overseas equivalent) in a language other than English must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no sub-band below 6.0.
Course duration: One year part time. The units in this course are offered over a one year teaching period and full time enrolment is not available.
Study mode: Distance education and an on-campus mid year residential may be required for some units.
Maximum time to complete: Two years
This is a four-unit study program as follows. All units are worth 6 credit points (unless otherwise specified) each with a notional workload of 150 hours. LAMC50600 Theology, Theory and Practice of Leadership (6 credit points) and Three Discipline Specific Units from the following list of units (totaling 18 credit points).
Discipline Specific Units (6 Credit Points Each)
- LAMC51100 Leadership and Organisation
- LAMC51200 Communication for Leaders
- LAMC51600 Organisational Processes and Change
- LAMC51400 Human Resource Management
- LAMC52400 Managerial and Professional Ethics
- LAMC52100 Marketing Management
- LAMC52300 Strategic Planning for Leadership
- LAMC52600 Accounting for Leaders
- LAMC52800 Legal and Governance Issues in Management
To find out more about any of the units listed here, copy the unit code and then search for that unit here.
Avondale is a self-accrediting Higher Education Provider, and the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management course is offered within the terms of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). In 2014 Avondale was granted self-accrediting status by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
Where to get further information
Student Administration ServicesPhone: +61 2 4980 2377
Email: [email protected]