Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
|Course duration /|
Course duration: One year part-time (the course is not offered full-time)
|Location||Avondale Campus - Lake Macquarie|
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (GradCertLead&Mgmt) course provides an opportunity for those in leadership and management positions to further their study in this area within the context of a Christian framework. The course has a particular focus on not-for-profit organisations.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate insights and perceptions of managerial conduct which integrate theoretical foundations with organisational needs, leadership and management practice in church organisations, professional trends, and factors affecting contemporary management thinking and practice;
- create a personal professional body of knowledge from a holistic perspective, focussing on attitudes, values and actions applied in a Christian managerial environment;
- display personal effectiveness and efficiency in leadership and management practice.
Graduate Certificate in Leadership & Management graduates leave with the skills for potential employment in the following areas:
- Finance Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Advertising Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Sales Manager
- Work Health & Safety Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Operations
- Church Management
A Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent plus at least two years’ employment experience in an appropriate leadership or management role. In exceptional circumstances students may be admitted on the basis of equivalent qualifications as assessed by the Learning and Teaching Committee of the Faculty of Education, Business and Science. An official transcript must accompany every application form.
At least two years of experience in a leadership or management role.
Overseas applicants will have their entry qualifications assessed in accordance with the Admission to Higher Education Undergraduate Courses Policy as well as the International Students Policy
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants whose Bachelor degree was not undertaken in English must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving an IELTS score of at least 6.5, with no individual band score less than 6.0 or equivalent. An official statement of IELTS results must accompany the application form.
Course duration: One year part time. The units in this course are offered over a one year teaching period and full time enrolment is not available.
Study mode: Distance education and an on-campus mid year residential may be required for some units.
Maximum time to complete: Two years
This is a four-unit study program as follows. All units are worth 6 credit points (unless otherwise specified) each with a notional workload of 150 hours. LAMC50600 Theology, Theory and Practice of Leadership (6 credit points) and Three Discipline Specific Units from the following list of units (totaling 18 credit points).
Discipline Specific Units (6 Credit Points Each)
- LAMC51100 Leadership and Organisation
- LAMC51200 Communication for Leaders
- LAMC51600 Organisational Processes and Change
- LAMC51400 Human Resource Management
- LAMC52400 Managerial and Professional Ethics
- LAMC52100 Marketing Management
- LAMC52300 Strategic Planning for Leadership
- LAMC52600 Accounting for Leaders
- LAMC52800 Legal and Governance Issues in Management
To find out more about any of the units listed here, copy the unit code and then search for that unit here.
Avondale is a self-accrediting Higher Education Provider, and the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management course is offered within the terms of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). In 2014 Avondale was granted self-accrediting status by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
Where to get further information
Student Administration ServicesPhone: +61 2 4980 2377
Email: [email protected]