About the Library
Library Services and Updates
Check our Library hours for updated times.
Avondale Libraries are now open and we look forward to welcoming our patrons back into our space.
In response to ongoing COVID-19 developments, Avondale Libraries opening strategy will change accordingly. We are currently operating on Level E, for further information please link to
Avondale Libraries Opening Strategy - COVID-19
Modified Support ServicesChanges to our services means we have been able to make access easier and social distancing possible. These changes are:
• Library staff available at help desk with social distancing required – screens setup
• Increased availability of help via our Booknow, we've now added LibTech Help, and Syd Tutor Services
• Our face-to-face Reference Librarian service suspended, but increase online services
• Many publishers have provided open access to resources, for more info visit our COVID-19
• Seating Arrangements within the library comply with 1.5mtr distancing
Borrowing• Main Collections - staff and students able to borrow, with regular borrowing privileges
• Reserve Books – are now available to borrow
Health and Safety in the LibraryWe advocate and practice simple procedures to lower the chance of spreading the virus.
• Hand Sanitsing – please follow this procedure apon entry to the library
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
• Frequently wash hands with soap and water for 40 seconds
• Stay home if you are unwell
• Toilets within the library have been partially closed to allow One Cubicle only
• Regular cleaning and sanitising of library equipment
Meet the staff
Mission and philosophy
Donating to the library
The Heritage Centre
EGW/SDA Research Centre