About the Library
Library Services and Updates
Check our Library hours for updated times.
In response to ongoing COVID-19 developments, Avondale Libraries opening strategy will change accordingly. We are currently operating on LEVEL B - Sydney Library and LEVEL B for Lake Macquarie Library, for further information please link to
Avondale Libraries Opening LEVELS - COVID-19
CURRENT LOANS - will be extended across both campuses.
AVONDALE LIBRARIES - SYDNEY & LAKE MACQUARIE
Restricted opening times are considered to provide access to the following
• Borrowing of print books
• Access to printers/scanners
• Borrowing of Reserve Items (restricted)
• Inter-library Loan (restricted)
• NO - Inter-campus Loan
• NO - access to library group study space until further notice & restricted seating for parts of library
• Increased availability of help via our Booknow, for Information Literacy, Research Help, and Tutor services
• Please refer to the above opening LEVELS for further information
Access by ‘request an appointment’ also considered outside the times of opening. Access provided only to: Staff & Students, SAN hospital memberships, Clinical School (no ALUMNI/Community members).
Health and Safety in the LibraryWe advocate and practice simple procedures to lower the chance of spreading the virus.
• QR code registration upon entry to library
• wear mask in the library
• hand sanitise upon entry to library
• cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
• patrons to follow ‘social distancing’
• hand sanitiser on Reference desk available for patrons
• Stay home if you are unwell
• Regular cleaning and sanitising of library equipment
Meet the staff
Mission and philosophy
Donating to the library
The Heritage Centre
EGW/SDA Research Centre