GrammarlyAvondale students and staff have access to FREE premium Grammarly accounts.
Grammarly Premium finds and offers corrections for hundreds of complex grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and style errors – and gives an explanation of why they’re wrong, so you can learn from the feedback. It undertakes 250 critical or advanced grammar and spelling checks – including contextual mistakes – and conducts genre-specific writing-style checks, and makes vocabulary suggestions. Grammarly can integrate with Microsoft Office (Windows only), email, and web browsers. You can check your work as you write, or disable Grammarly and check it when you’ve finished.
Note: You can use Grammarly to check for plagiarism, but Turnitin is still Avondale’s official text matching software.
To sign up to your free premium Grammarly account:
1. Go to https://www.grammarly.com/enterprise/signup
2. Provide your name, your Avondale email address, and a password of your choosing.
3. Check your inbox for the email and click on the activation link.
Once you have your account activated you can log in and:
- Under Profile, choose British English, and add words to your personal dictionary
- Check out the Grammarly Apps
- Check out the Tutorials to learn how to make the most of Grammarly