Step 5 - Organise Finance for Tuition

Once you have enrolled in your units, log into Student Connect and view your current invoice under Finance. This will calculate your tuition fees based on your current enrolment and produce your invoice.

Please note that if you have a Scholarship/Sponsorship/Employee Subsidy being applied to your tuition this will not be reflected on your invoice until after census date, which is the last day in a particular teaching period on which you can discontinue unit enrolment without a financial penalty (see Academic Calendar for relevant date). For information about a final tuition fee estimate where these apply please contact Student Finance. This can be done prior to Orientation by email: or phone 02 4980 2108 / 02 4980 2105.

Pay the tuition fees by the noted due dates on the tuition invoice
If eligible, apply for a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) Loan

A HELP loan allows eligible students to defer paying their student contribution or tuitions fees now and to pay them off through the tax system once they are earning over the minimum threshold set by the Government.

These loans are administered by the Australian Government; see Study Assist for all the details on eligibility, loan repayments and more.
  • HECS-HELP – for eligible Commonwealth supported place (CSP) students. The only postgraduate courses for which Avondale currently has CSPs are the Master of Teaching (Primary) and the Master of Teaching (Secondary). Please note you do not apply for a CSP, they are offered to eligible students on a merit basis. Students will be offered CSPs in line with the Commonwealth Supported Places Offers Policy and will be required to submit a form to accept their offer.
  • FEE-HELP – for eligible domestic tuition fee paying undergraduate and postgraduate students

To submit a form for a CSP (or HECS-HELP if eligible to defer student contribution), you need to complete an Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (ECAF) through the Government eCAF website. You will receive an email, with instructions, to your Student Email account.
To submit a FEE-HELP form - please contact Student Finance ( or 02 4980 21108/105) for further information.

TIP: If your enrolment changes, repeat these steps to raise a new invoice.