Step 2: Respond to your Graduation invitation
Accept your graduation invitation or graduate in absentia
The Student Administration Services needs information from graduands by Friday, November 22, 2019 for the graduation ceremony.
To provide information, log in to Student Connect and:
- Select “Graduation Inquiry” from the left menu to see if you are listed as a potential graduand.
- Select “Graduation Invitation” and respond to each item, including:
- confirming whether you will attend the graduation ceremony or graduate in absentia
- giving phonetic pronunciation of your name if necessary
- identifying special requirements for guests (e.g. wheelchair access)
- requesting the number of tickets for guests
- The invitation must be completed no later than 22 November, 2019. You MUST indicate Yes or No to your attendance. If you do not respond, the Student Administration Services will follow up with you to obtain a response.
Entry to the graduation ceremony for all guests except graduands is by ticket only. Graduands can request up to four guest tickets and any extra tickets via Student Connect. Note: The allocation of additional tickets is not guaranteed and will be considered only until Friday, November 22, 2019. All tickets will be available for collection when collecting academic dress. If you have been added to the graduation list after 22 November, 2019, please email email@example.com for a ticket allocation before 29 November, 2019. All ticket allocations will close on 29 November, 2019 and graduands who do not yet have allocated tickets will need to make a request when collecting academic dress.
Entry to the vice chancellor's breakfast is free but by ticket only. Graduands receive one ticket for themselves and up to four guest tickets. Graduands do not need to pre-book tickets but must request tickets when collecting academic dress.