Support options available through the lockdownWe know it's tough being away from your support network of family and friends. We've collated a list of support options available for you.
- FoodBank NSW provides food hampers to International Students impacted financially by COVID-19. Call +61 (2) 9756 3099 or email [email protected] to receive a food hamper.
- Study NSW has a food assistance program that can connect you to support.
- Ozharvest provides no-cost food hampers. Register for your hamper today.
- Hindu Council of Australia provide cooked food, dry groceries and food vouchers to students in need. Complete the Crisis Help Form online to receive support.
- Christian Community Aid (CCA) provide free food parcels. Call +61 (2) 9858 3222 or visit the CCA’s Eastwood office to receive a food parcel.
- Hornsby Connect offers a low-cost “Staples” Hamper. These low-cost bags are also available elsewhere.
- Reach Community Initiatives in the Ryde area has partnered with OzHarvest to provide frozen meals and Emergency Food Parcels for those who need support.
- Please contact Student Wellbeing through a Care Report to discuss other options available to access food.
Central Coast Food Pantry Sites
- https://www.kincumbernc.com.au/latest-news/142-knc-food-pantry Wednesday 10.30 - $2.00 gold coin
- https://www.tnc.org.au/p/lakes-food-care.html Lakes Food Care Toukley – various days
- https://www.facebook.com/DeaneStreetSDA/ 71 Deane Street Narara – Thursday 12-1.30pm
- Salvation Army and Vinnies can assist you with the basic costs of living.
- Depending on your visa status, you may be eligible for the Australian Government’s Special Benefit.
- Newtown Neighbourhood Centre has a referral service which can point you in the right direction and information sheets to help find support.
- You can use AskIzzy to find supports local to your area.The NSW Government provides a range of supports for international students:
- Subscribe to Study NSW for up to date COVID-19 response information.
- Insiders Guide offers excellent free resources and advice for international students.