Early AdmissionAvondale's Early Admission program can earn you an offer to your chosen degree before you get your ATAR.
For information about our courses, click here
Important DatesImportant dates for Early Admission to Avondale in 2021. Please note these dates may change due to COVID-19.
1 MAY 2020 - Early Admission applications open
31 AUG 2020 - Early Admission applications close
7-18 SEP 2020 - Early Admission interviews
6-25 NOV 2020 - Early Admission offers made
Applying for Early AdmissionTo be eligible for Early Admission in 2021, you must be:
- In Year 12 in 2020; and
- Completing your Higher School Certificate (HSC), an interstate equivalent, or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at an Australian high school; and
- Eligible to be awarded the HSC, IB or an interstate equivalent; and
- Able to demonstrate that you achieved an average percentage mark of no less than 70% in years 11 and 12.
Early Admission is not open to mature age students, non-school leavers, or offshore international students.
To apply for Early Admission:
- Complete an Early Admission Application Form
- Prepare a maximum one-page resume, including: a personal statement; key skills; awards/recognition; co-curricular activities; extracurricular activities; employment history; volunteer experience; hobbies; interests; and travel.
- Obtain evidence of your year 11 final year results and year 12 mid-year results (see note)
- Submit your completed application form and supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Evidence includes a school report and/or a letter from your school (on official school letterhead). Results are required for every subject as an overall percentage mark. Results submitted as a grade and/or rank will not be accepted.
What Happens Next?Your application will be assessed by our Student Administration Services team and if successful, you will be invited to attend an interview either at our Lake Macquarie campus or via Zoom. Keep an eye on your email - everything you need will be sent there!
If your application for Early Admission is unsuccessful, you still have the opportunity to gain admission to your chosen degree by obtaining the minimum entry score, or higher, in accordance with the published scores for admission to the course for which you applied. If you do not satisfy the minimum requirements for direct entry into your course of your choice, you may be considered for entry through one of Avondale's admission pathways
Your OfferIf you are successful at your Early Admission interview and you satisfy the admission criteria for your course of choice, you will receive an early offer before you get your ATAR, and secure your place at Avondale in 2021.
Contact our Student Administration Services team if you have any questions about your eligibility for Early Admission.
Student Administration Services
P: +61 2 4980 2377