Lecturer - Accounting
Avondale College (Lake Macquarie Campus) seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced academics for the position of a Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in the area of Accounting and Finance in the Avondale Business School.
Lecturer or Senior Lecturer
The role of a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer will focus on Accounting and Finance to undertake teaching, and research with some consultancy in the Avondale Business School. Applicants will preferably hold a doctoral qualification as well as an appropriate professional designation, will be able to demonstrate ability to teach in a Higher Education environment and the ability to engage with students in the learning and teaching arena.
Applicants at the Associate Professor level will hold a doctoral qualification, have demonstrated experience in inspiring and motivating student engagement, and be able to demonstrate academic leadership in the areas of research, scholarship and teaching.
It is anticipated that the appointment will commence in January 2017.
Head of School
Applications close 11 November 2016.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria
, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or HR Officer, Avondale College, PO Box 19, Cooranbong NSW 2265, (02) 4980 2284.
Avondale College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
A Level B academic will undertake independent teaching and research in their discipline or related area. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching a Level B academic will make an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise and coordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to the discipline.
A Level B academic will normally contribute to teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels; engage in independent scholarship and/or research and/or professional activities appropriate to their profession or discipline. They will normally undertake administration primarily relating to their activities at the institution and may be required to perform the full academic responsibilities of and related administration for the coordination of an award program of the institution.
NOTE: Level B consists of 6 Steps and staff are expected to show increasing levels of achievement in the skill base for each step by demonstrating improvement in some/all of the following: (a) curriculum development and review; (b) contribution to decision-making processes in the College; and (c) the development of links with universities, denominational entities, industry and/or relevant professions.
- A Masters degree in Accounting or a Masters degree in a related discipline.
- Hold professional membership with either CPA Australia or the ICAA.
- Experience in teaching Accounting or related disciplines.
- Proven ability to meet targets.
- Ability and willingness to teach outside of the immediate specialty area.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues in both teaching and research activities.
- A proven ability to work well and flexibly with colleagues in a team environment.
- A proven ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, at various levels and to various audiences.
- Commitment to own professional development.
- Ability to contribute to Administrative and Service activities.
- Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale College.
- PhD in Accounting or a closely related discipline.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience in teaching Accounting at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Experience in teaching international students.
- Experience in unit or program design, development and management.
- Experience of mentoring and/or developing others.
- Record of publishing research outputs which meet generally accepted criteria.
- Experience in collaborative working on research projects.
- Proven ability to clear potential to supervise research students.
- Evidence of wider academic involvement, citizenship and professional service, eg membership of academic and professional societies, assisting in conference organisation, acting as a reviewer for journals or other relevant professional activity.
Level B salary range $82,500 - $97,186 per annum