How do I order a replacement testamur?Note: Since December 2022 a free digital testamur and free print testamur is issued when a student successfully completes their award program and becomes a graduate.
Order a replacement print testamur
- Graduates of Avondale University may apply for a replacement testamur (graduation certificate) if their original testamur has been irretrievably lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged or if there has been a change of name.
- Replacement testamurs are issued in the current testamur style, but will show the original date of graduation and the date of re-issue.
- A replacement testamur cannot be issued if the original testamur is still in your possession. A testamur is a legal document and only one can be issued per award. No replacement testamur will be issued without the return of the damaged testamur, original testamur (for change of name replacements) or an original statutory declaration outlining the circumstances that caused original testamur to be lost, stolen or destroyed. A Statutory Declaration can be downloaded at the following link: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/nsw-statutory-declaration-forms
A Statutory Declaration must be completed and include the details of the testamur (i.e. the award on the testamur, year of graduation, name of university) along with details of its loss/theft. It must be completed fully in the presence of an authorised witness, then signed by you and co-signed by the authorised witness.
- If there has been a change of name, an application must be made to Avondale University Student Administration Services to correct or change your student record. For the appropriate form visit Change of Name and please note certified documentary evidence must be provided.
- Processing of a replacement testamur will take up to 3 weeks from receipt of completed application. Allow additional time for postage if a hard copy is requested.
- Postage is included in the replacement cost. Testamurs will be sent by Registered Post within Australia and internationally via courier. Items sent via courier will require a contact name and telephone number and cannot be delivered to post boxes as items must be signed for on delivery.
- There is a charge of $50 for a digital replacement testamur or $150 for a hard copy. See Academic Documents Policy Appendix 1 for these fees.
- Please be aware that providing falsified documents is a criminal offence and will be dealt with accordingly.
Proof of IdentityTo enable the University to fulfil its obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (NSW) 1998, you must submit a copy of your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. Your request cannot be processed until you provide this. If you do not have a current driver's license or a passport, you will need to provide copies of the equivalent of 100 points of ID such as medicare card, bankcard, student identity card, electricity bill etc.
If you have changed your name since you studied at Avondale University, you will also need to provide evidence of this by providing either a copy of your marriage certificate, official change of name certificate or a copy of other relevant documentation.
Academic Documents Policy