Established in 2013, the Christian Education Research Centre (CERC) seeks to promote Christian education research both within the college and by partnering with other institutions, particularly Christian schools, Christian tertiary institutions, and their administering entities.
In so doing CERC aims to:
- Serve and inform Avondale University College stakeholders with research seen as vital to their operation and development.
- Mobilise research teams on campus to take up Christian education research.
- Facilitate cross-discipline and cross research centre cooperation in the area of Christian education.
- Foster research collaboration with national and international Christian tertiary institutions.
GovernanceThe CERC Board is made up of the Director, the Assistant Deans of Research from both faculties, one academic staff member from each faculty, Directors of Education from Adventist Schools Australia and South Pacific Division Education, and the Avondale Vice President for Research.
The responsibilities of the Board are:
- To establish and provide advice on the overall strategic direction for the Centre and its activities in accordance with its purpose and objectives.
- To set and amend as necessary the Centre’s objectives.
- To set and review overall management and delivery of the Centre’s activities against annual plans and budgets.
- To oversee the Centre’s compliance with Avondale’s procedures and policies.
- To approve any spending against the budget.
- To recommend annual budgets to the finance office.
Dr Peter Kilgour
Education Building, Lake Macquarie Campus, Avondale University College
Telephone: +61 2 4980 2304
Find the CERC