Graduate Diploma of Leadership and Management
|Course duration /
Course Duration: Two years part-time (the course is not offered full-time)
The Graduate Diploma of Leadership and Management course provides an opportunity for those in leadership and management positions to further their study in this area within the context of a Christian framework. The course has a particular focus on not-for-profit organisations.
Leadership & Management graduates leave with the skills for potential employment in the following areas:
- Finance Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Advertising Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Sales Manager
- Work Health & Safety Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Operations
- Church management
A Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent, or satisfactory completion of the requirements of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management, plus at least two years’ employment experience in an appropriate leadership or management role.
At least two years of experience in a leadership and management role.
Overseas applicants will have their qualifications assessed by Avondale Admissions in line with the Admission Policy for Undergraduate Higher Education Courses found at http://www.avondale.edu.au/about/policies/display/?s=MjQ= Overseas applicants are also required to satisfy Australian Government visa requirements http://www.avondale.edu.au/about/policies/display/?s=Mzg3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English as per the Admission to Higher Education undergraduate course http://www.avondale.edu.au/about/policies/display/?s=MjQ=
Course Duration: One year full-time (or part-time equivalent). This course is not offered for full time enrolment.
Study Mode: Distance education with on-campus required for some units
Maximum Time to Complete: 4 years.
This is an eight-unit study program as follows.
The following units are required:
- LAMC50600 The Theology, Theory and Practice of Leadership
- LAMC50000 Introduction to Research
- 3 Group A Units
- 1 Group B Unit
- LAMR59200 Independent Research Project
Group A Units
- LAMC51100 Leadership and Organisation
- LAMC51200 Communication for Leaders
- LAMC51600 Organisational Processes and Change
- LAMC51400 Human Resource Management
- LAMC52400 Managerial and Professional Ethics
Group B Units
- LAMC52100 Marketing Management
- LAMC52200 Information Systems for Leaders
- LAMC52300 Strategic Planning for Leadership
- LAMC52500 Legal Issues in Leaders
- LAMC52600 Accounting for Leaders
Electives may be drawn from the Group A subjects, or other disciplines (on approval from the Course Convenor).
Where to get further information
AdmissionsPhone: +61 2 4980 2377