Advanced StandingYour previous study, work experience or training may count as credit towards your Avondale course. This can reduce both the length and cost of your course. If you think you might be eligible for advanced standing (credit for prior learning), follow the steps outlined below.
- Advanced Standing may be granted for up to a maximum of 50% of the course.
- Typically, units being assessed for advanced standing must have been completed within the last eight years for the Bachelor of Nursing or 10 years for all other courses.
- Overseas qualifications will be assessed by Avondale Admissions using the Australian governments Country Education Profile website CEP as well as the Australian Qualification Framework AQF, before being assessed for advanced standing.
For further information about the request and granting of advanced standing, see Advanced Standing Policy
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1 – Submit an application to study at AvondaleBefore you apply for advanced standing, you must submit an application to study at Avondale. For information about how to submit an application, see How to Apply
NOTE: Your application for advanced standing will not be assessed until we receive a valid application to study.
Step 2 – Obtain evidenceOnce you have applied to study at Avondale, you will need to obtain evidence to support your application for advanced standing. This includes a copy of every subject/unit outline you wish to have assessed for credit, along with a certified copy of your certificate of completion and transcript(s).
For information about our guidelines for certifying documents, click here
Step 3 – Submit an application for advanced standingOnce you have obtained evidence, you will need to complete an Advanced Standing Application Form and email the form (along with your evidence) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Domestic) or email@example.com (International).
Applications for advanced standing must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the commencement of semester to ensure sufficient time for processing.
NOTE: The Bachelor of Nursing commences approximately two weeks earlier than other courses.
For information about semester dates, see the Avondale Academic Calendar
- Applications for advanced standing generally take up to two (2) weeks to process. Assessments may take longer during peak admission periods and/or if a high volume of units require assessment.
- Once your application for advanced standing has been assessed, you will be notified of the outcome by email. The email will include details about which units are approved for credit and/or which units are not.
- If your application for advanced standing is approved, you will be asked to sign and return an acceptance form (supplied) by reply email.
- To finalise the process, you must supply an original copy of your transcript(s) for sighting. You can present your transcript(s) to the Academic Office in-person or mail them. NOTE: Advanced standing is not granted (i.e. credit is not applied) until we sight your original documentation.
For more information, please contact:
Toll Free: 1800 991 392 (if in Australia)
Phone: +61 2 4980 2377
Phone: +61 2 4980 2122