Global Adventist Pastors Survey
AIMTo design and administer a Pastoral Survey instrument focused on the following areas:
- The spiritual life of pastors
- Pastors' attitude to the Adventist Church's Fundamental Beliefs
- Pastors' attitude to church authority, relationship to the conference/union/division/GC, and pastors' role in decision-making
- The Adventist message they preach—Do they preach the full message of the Adventist Church?
- Pastors' priorities in and attitude to mission
- Pastors' attitude to discipleship–Do they have the right balance of church programs?
- Existence or absence of contingency plans for the local church against a pandemic or similar crisis in the future
- Pastors' attitude to and experience of Adventist Education
SCOPEPastors based in local churches in all 13 Divisions of the SDA Church
Survey responses to be collected in 2022
WHO HAS REQUESTED THE SURVEY?The survey has been commissioned by a committee of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists that includes the General Conference President, Secretary, Treasurer, all GC Vice-Presidents, etc.
- To assist the leadership of the SDA Church with their strategic planning; and
- To use as many items as possible from the 2013 Global Adventist Pastor’s Survey, so that similarities and changes can be noted.
Prof Robert K McIver
Dr Erika Puni
Dr Wendy A Jackson
Dr Stephen J Currow
Dr Brendan Pratt