Federal Student LoansAvondale University College is a 'Deferment Only' institution from 14th November 2012 and therefore no longer certifies US Federal Loans such as loans applied for under the Direct Loan Program (DLP).
Private Student LoansFor American students studying at Avondale University College we will liaise with Global Education Management Services (GEMS) who is a private loan provider for US students' educational requirements.
Global Education Management Services (GEMS) partners with highly regarded and experienced financing companies to provide the best in loan options for students from the USA pursuing their educations outside of their home country. As a private loan provider for US students' they can cover the educational requirements such as the cost of tuition fees and living expenses.
Global Education Management Services (GEMS) offers a wide range of programs and services designed to promote and enhance the international education experience for both students and universities. With worldwide offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, GEMS personnel have years of experience and expertise in the fields of higher education financing, recruitment and student services management.
The Global Education Management Services (GEMS) Smart Options Student Loan by Sallie Mae® is an ideal solution to help students cover the cost of their education expenses.
- The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Competitive Interest Rates
- Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Fast Online Application. The easy-to-complete application takes about 20 minutes. It's quick and easy
- 24/7 online account management
- No prepayment penalty
If you are successful in obtaining a private loan, Avondale University College will normally receive 2 cheques over the course of 12 months or the period of enrolment up to 12 months for each loan. The cheque is made co-payable to you and the College, therefore Avondale will contact you once each cheque arrives to organise the deposit of the cheque.
If you make any changes to your enrolment such as a Leave of Absence (LOA) or course withdrawal, it is very important you advise Student Finance so that the necessary reporting adjustments can be made to your loan.