Graduation ceremonyEvents: Graduation ceremony
Instructions for graduands
The Academic Office needs information from graduands by Friday, December 2, 2016 for the graduation ceremony.
To provide information, log in to Student Connect and:
- Select “Graduation Inquiry” from the left menu to see if you are listed as a potential graduand. If you are not and you believe you should be, contact the Academic Office urgently
- Select “Graduation Invitation” and respond to each item, including:
- confirming whether you will attend the graduation ceremony or graduate in absentia
- giving phonetic pronunciation of your name if necessary
- identifying special requirements for guests (eg. wheelchair access)
- requesting the number of tickets for guests
TicketsEntry to the graduation ceremony for all guests except graduands is by ticket only. Graduands receive four guest tickets but can request up to six. Requests considered only until Friday, December 2, 2016 at 12 pm. To request additional tickets, contact Kyllie Gow. The allocation of additional tickets is not guaranteed. Collect tickets when collecting academic dress.
Entry to the president’s breakfast is free but by ticket only. Graduands receive one ticket for themselves and up to three guest tickets. Graduands do not need to pre-book tickets but must collect tickets when collecting academic dress.
- Sit in allocated seats by 9.30 am—lists outside and marshals inside Chan Shun Auditorium identify seats
- Proceed as directed by academic registrar and Academic Office staff members to processional line up
- Sit in allocated seats by 9.45 am—doors close at 9.50 am
PhotographyTake photographs from seat only—no tripods in aisles on ground floor, against walls on ground floor or on first floor of Chan Shun Auditorium.
ProcessionalBegins service with Avondale College of Higher Education president and Avondale College Council chair leading platform party, academic staff members and PhD graduands. Once platform party, staff members and PhD graduands are seated, graduands should:
- Ensure tassel hangs on right of trencher
- Proceed as directed by marshals up centre aisle in pairs keeping two metres space between pairs
- Proceed as directed by class co-presidents to allocated seat, remaining standing until platform party sits
Presentation of awardsGraduands will receive awards in order as published in graduation booklet. Once PhD graduands receive awards, graduands should:
- Stand in rows as directed by marshals and proceed to stairs at left of stage
- Proceed as directed by marshal up stairs once name is read
- Receive graduation folder from Avondale College of Higher Education president, holding handshake for official photograph
- Proceed across stage to Avondale College Council chair who moves tassel to left of trencher
- Proceed down stairs on right of stage, returning to allocated seat
Graduation folderAcademic documents in graduation folder include:
- Testamur (a certificate of your award)
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (graduates of bachelor degree courses and higher)
- Transcript of Academic Record
- Statement of Attainment (students who have partially completed a Vocational Education Training course)
RecessionalEnds service with graduates led by class co-presidents exiting row by row down centre aisle.
Note: Exit the foyer and clear the front of the Chan Shun Auditorium to avoid congestion.