Step 6: Graduation Guide
Step 6: Graduation Guide
Where to be and When
Theology, Humanities, Business, Arts, Post Grad and VET
|Last Opportunity to pick up Regalia||College Hall||7:15 – 9:15am|
|Go to Church and find allocated seat and leave belongings||Church||9:30 – 9:40am|
|Line up for final checks||Church Portico||9:40 – 10:00am|
|Graduation Ceremony||Church||10:00 – 11:00am|
|Discipline Photos||College Hall||11:15 – 11:45am|
|Family Portraits||Church||12:00 – 2:00pm|
|Return Regalia||College Hall||12:00 – 2:00pm|
Education and Science
|Last Opportunity to pick up Regalia||College Hall||9:15 – 11:15am|
|Go to Church and find allocated seat and leave belongings||Church||11:30 – 11:40am|
|Line up for final checks||Church Portico||11:40 – 12:00am|
|Graduation Ceremony||Church||12:00 – 1:00pm|
|Discipline Photos||College Hall||1:15 – 1:45pm|
|Family Portraits||Church||2:00 – 4:00pm|
|Return Regalia||College Hall||2:00 – 4:00pm|
Nursing and Lifestyle Medicine
|Last Opportunity to pick up Regalia||College Hall||11:15 – 1:15pm|
|Go to Church and find allocated seat and leave belongings||Church||1:30 – 1:40pm|
|Line up for final checks||Church Portico||1:40 – 2:00pm|
|Graduation Ceremony||Church||2:00 – 3:00pm|
|Discipline Photos||College Hall||3:15 – 3:45pm|
|Family Portraits||Church||4:00 – 6:00pm|
|Return Regalia||College Hall||4:00 – 6:00pm|
Complementary parking is available across the campus and you will be directed to park where places are available. Please allow time to park and walk to the venue and consult a map for directions. Disabled parking is available to graduands and their guests via the Graduation Invitation. Graduands: please indicate parking requirements for yourself or guests on this form.
- Meet in the church portico area at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of your session. You will be directed to find your seat and leave your belongings and then return to a designated area for lining up in the correct order and to have your regalia checked.
- There will be marshals directing you where to go once you get to the church and to show you where you need to line up and sit.
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the ceremony session is due to commence.
Graduands have the opportunity to request special seating for those with a disability or medical requirement when accepting their Graduation Invitation.
Taking photographs is permitted from your seat only—no tripods in aisles, against walls, or blocking access and free movement within the venue.
Professional portrait photography is available for graduands and their guests at the conclusion of each ceremony.
$79 - Formal portrait emailed
$99 - Formal portrait plus family portrait emailed
$109 - Formal portrait plus two family portraits emailed
Archival grade prints available on request, mailed anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
Photos will be available after each Graduation session between 12 and 6:00pm on 11 December 2022.
Payments taken via credit card or cash on the day.
The graduand processional begins each Graduation session. Graduands should:
- Ensure tassel hangs on right of trencher
- Proceed as directed by marshals up centre aisle in pairs keeping two metres space between pairs
- Proceed as directed to allocated seat, remaining standing until directed to sit.
Presentation of awards
Graduands will receive awards in order as published in graduation booklet, graduands should:
- Stand in rows as directed by marshals and proceed to stairs at left of stage
- Proceed as directed by marshal upstairs and across stage to the Avondale University President once name is read
- Receive graduation folder from president for official photograph
- Proceed further across stage to have tassel moved to left of trencher
- Proceed to downstairs on right of stage, pausing for another photograph
- Proceed downstairs and return to allocated seat
This concludes the graduation session with graduates exiting row by row down aisles.
Note: Exit the foyer immediately and clear the front of the church to avoid congestion.