Undergraduate Certificate in Business
International students must be at least 18 years of age before they arrive at Avondale ahead of the relevant teaching period commencing to be eligible for enrolment at Avondale University.
|Course duration /|
Course duration: One semester full-time (or part-time equivalent)
|Location||Avondale Campus - Lake Macquarie|
The Undergraduate Certificate in Business helps students seeking alternative entry into a Bachelor of Business. It is for recent school leavers who have not achieved the required entry level ATAR, including those with no ATAR. It may also be suitable for mature age students seeking alternative entry to a bachelor’s degree.
This course enables students to develop their literacy and academic skills needed to undertake further undergraduate studies.
Semester One - Yes
Semester Two - Yes
Upon successful completion of the Undergraduate Certificate in Business, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate a broad theoretical knowledge of business studies and the business environment;
- demonstrate efficient and effective decision-making skills in business.
Upon successful completion and satisfactory performance in the one semester (minimum of three units) of the Undergraduate Certificate in Business course, students may apply to enroll in an Avondale undergraduate degree. This course may give students credit to their chosen degree.
GENERAL ADMISSION CRITERIATo qualify for admission, you must meet one of the following criteria:
Applicants with vocational education and training (VET) study
- An Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 3 qualification or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent); or
- A New Zealand Qualifications Framework NZQF Level 3 qualification or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent)
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
- A Selection Rank of 45.00 or above after adjustment factors are applied; or
- Equivalent overseas secondary qualifications as stated in Appendix 1 of the Admission to Higher Education Undergraduate Courses Policy
Applicants with work and life experience
- An ATAR equal to or above 45.00; or
- An appropriate score in the uniTEST and the Tertiary Online Written Assessment; or
- An appropriate score in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
Applicants with overseas qualifications
- An overseas qualification comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 3 or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent)
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTSInternational applicants must meet the Australian Government's visa requirements to reside in Australia while studying at Avondale University.
For more information, visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/study
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the ways outlined in Appendix 2 of the Admission to Higher Education Undergraduate Courses Policy.
Course duration: 6 months full-time (or part-time equivalent)
Study mode: On-campus or Distance
Maximum Time to Complete: Three years
For students commencing Semester 1
BBUS12010 Organisations in a Business Context
BBUS16020 Introduction to Accounting
BBUS15050 Information Technology Systems in Business
BBUS27000 Guided Studies
For students commencing Semester 2
BBUS16040 Introduction to Economics
BBUS14050 Business Statistics
BBUS14060 Business Law
BBUS27000 Guided Studies
To find out more about any of the units listed here, copy the unit code and then search for that unit here.
Avondale is a self-accrediting higher education provider and offers the Undergraduate Certificate in Business within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) terms. In 2014 Avondale was granted self-accrediting status by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA).
Where to get further information
Student Administration ServicesPhone: +61 2 4980 2377
Email: [email protected]