High School Students
The School Uplink Program.
Books ... are like lobster shells, we surround ourselves with 'em, then we grow out of 'em and leave 'em behind, as evidence of our earlier stages of development. Dorothy L. Sayers
Have you left your favourite books behind because you've grown out of them? Now it's time to dig into new books as you wade into your HSC years.
Avondale University College has a wealth of resources available to help Year 11 and 12 students get a head start on tertiary studies. You are welcome to borrow from the library collection, ask a friendly librarian for help or use library resources such as the photocopier or scanner.
Need to research civil rights, the history of Christianity or the role of women in society? Avondale University College Library can help you with your assignments, providing you with alternative resources to supplement your school's collection.
How do I become a member?
* Download the application form or use the application form inside the brochure.
* Fill in your details and have your parent/guardian AND school librarian sign the application form.
* Pay your fee at the Library Loans Desk to receive your Lobstershells card.
What is the cost?
The cost is only $22 per calendar year with membership expiring on the 31st December of each year. You will need to renew at the beginning of each year.
What does the fee cover?
* You may borrow five books for two weeks with one renewal per item, provided it has not been reserved by anyone else
* FREE access to the photocopier/scanner where you can scan your pages and send them straight to your email
Is there anything I can't borrow?
* Journals and newspapers
* Music CDs, DVDs and videos (these may be viewed in the library)
* Reference, reserve and TMC materials
What happens if I return a book late?
When you borrow an item from the Library a Date Due receipt will be printed and placed inside your book. Please note that all Library correspondence including your reminder and overdue notices will be sent via email. It is your responsibility to check your email and return or renew your borrowed items on time.
Overdue fines are $1 per item per day.
Your borrowing privileges will be suspended if you have items overdue or if you owe $5 or more in fines
Can I photocopy?
Photocopying incurs a charge of 0.14c per page. Ask for the Guest Photocopy card at the Library Information Desk.
Scanning is free. Scan documents straight to your personal email address.
When is the library open?See our Opening Hours page for up-to-date information.
Phone: 02 4980 2257